And it’s not because we wear skirts. It’s because we wear glasses.
不是因为我们穿裙子。是因为我们有脑子(戴眼镜)。
Have a good day.
祝你今天愉快。
2.Epic
We’re not on some epic joy ride.
我们现在不是在观光。
3.String
There is no bathroom.
这里没有我能用的洗手间。
There are no colored bathrooms in this building or any building outside the West Campus, which is half a mile way.
整栋大楼,甚至西区外的所有建筑里,都找不到有色人种的洗手间,因为它在半英里外。
Did you know that? I have to walk to Timbuktu(廷巴克图,遥远之地) just to relieve myself. And I can’t use one of the handy bikes.
您知道吗?我每天翻山越岭,就为上个洗手间。我还不能用自行车代步。
Picture that, Mr. Harrison.
想象一下,哈里森先生。
My uniform, skirt below my knees, my heels, and a simple string of pearls.
我穿着制服,过膝长裙,高跟鞋,戴着什么简单的一串珍珠项链。
Well, I don’t own pearls. Lord knows you don’t pay colored enough to afford pearls!
好吧,我根本没有珍珠项链。上帝知道有...色...人...种...的薪水根本买不起珍珠项链!
And I work like a dog, day and night, living off of coffee from a pot none of you wanna touch!
我像条狗一样,整天从早工作到晚,全靠咖啡撑着,而那个咖啡壶你们连碰都不想碰!
So, excuse me, if I have to go to the restroom a few times a day.
所以,请原谅我,我每天不得不去几次洗手间。
4.Petition
Petition to attend courses at Hampton High School.
请求在汉普顿高中学习。
5.Exacting
Do you have any idea how exacting these calculations have to be?
你知道这些计算需要多精确吗?
6.Protocol
And she is a woman. There is no protocol for a woman attending these meetings.
她是个女人。没有规定允许一个女人参加这样的会议。
7.补:double-edged
Progress is a double-edged sword.
进步是一把双刃剑。